DIY Slimming Body Wrap - Clay Edition - The Skinniest You
90Comments
  • Posted by Kristina on June 29, 2013 at 12:02 am

I gues it’s just me or maybe I wrapped it too tight but it was extremely difficult to do and extremely uncomfortable I had my on maybe an hour before I had to take it off and I don’t notice a difference at all also the top off both the ace bandage and the plastic wrap rolled down on me and I couldn’t get it to stay up :(((

• Posted by Mel on June 29, 2013 at 10:00 am
      in reply to Kristina

Sorry that your wrap didn’t turn out so well. Sounds like you made it too tight. I made my second wrap too tight and had to take it off after 2 hours but I still saw some results. It should be tight enough to hold it place but shouldn’t feel tight or uncomfortable. Since this first one I have been using about 4 ace bandages when I do my wraps so I don’t pull them too tight. As for it rolling up on you I didn’t have that problem but I didn’t move around a lot while I had it on. You should try to lay or sit most of the time and try not to bend over or twist your torso too much. Don’t feel discouraged. You’ll have better luck next time.

• Posted by sarah on September 22, 2014 at 2:12 pm
        in reply to Mel

Mel

how long did you leave your wraps on and how many days have you been wrapping?

• Posted by Mel B on September 22, 2014 at 3:07 pm
          in reply to sarah

I leave my wraps on between 4 to 6 hours and I wait at least 2 to 3 days between wraps. Three days is better than two but you can do 2 days in a pinch. Might give you a headache though if you do them too close together or make you feel drained. Twice a week is a good rule of thumb.

• Posted by sarah on September 22, 2014 at 1:46 pm
      in reply to Kristina

hi kristina,

i just read your experience with this wrap combo and im thinking of trying it. i have the same masks at home. But i have a few questions, the 1st wrap you did for 6 hrs. The 2nd you said to do overnight. Did you do them back to back or did you wait a day or days in between your wraps ??

thanks sarah

• Posted by samantha on June 29, 2013 at 1:48 pm

does this leave lasting results or like as soon as you eat/drink your back to the same way..also how often can you do it?

• Posted by Mel on June 29, 2013 at 2:07 pm
      in reply to samantha

Sadly the results don’t last very long, maybe a day or so. Recommend doing it the night before or the morning of if you have a date or event you want to be sexy for. You can do it as often as you like though. You might get even better longer lasting results if you combine it with a detox diet, though I haven’t tried that. Let me know if you try it and what the results are.

• Posted by Kathy on July 1, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Where can I find the mud pack? Can I use the same face clay mask??

• Posted by Mel on July 2, 2013 at 10:25 am
      in reply to Kathy

They sell clay masks and mud packs at Walmart and other stores like that. Look for one that contains Dead Sea clay. If you can’t find one then any clay based mask will work. If you have the money and the patience to wait for it then you can order real clay from Amazon. Fuller’s Earth clay is best but again any clay will work. Also you can try either of the two other body wraps I did that are coffee based and don’t require clay and stay tuned for more body wraps in the future.

• Posted by Laura on July 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Hiya it’s generally known to do wraps of this kind at least 7 days apart it is not a weightless technique but does shift toxins and would be effective as part of a detox programme and healthy diet.

• Posted by Hope on August 16, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Was the before and after picture after only 6 hours or multiple wraps?

• Posted by Mel B on August 16, 2013 at 8:38 pm
      in reply to Hope

It was after 6 hours and just one wrap.

• Posted by rosalie may hatton on July 31, 2015 at 9:57 pm
        in reply to Mel B

Hi
        Any particular brand about the clay mask
        Im from Philippines i don’t know if i can find it here…

• Posted by Mel B on August 8, 2015 at 11:29 am
          in reply to rosalie may hatton

The freeman clay masks are bad for this. They turn the mixture into a clay doh like substance. Think and lumpy and not easy to spread. I prefer montagne juenesse brand. They work the best for this use. If you can’t find that brand and/or overseas and it is not available. The best thing to do is order bentonite clay from online or french green clay. Then mix that into the lotion instead. Anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon. Play with it and see how much you like. Start with less and you can always add more.